When I called on my way home today to find out what our plans for dinner were, the response I got was 'Well, the girls have already put on their PJs and they are upstairs having a sleep-over. Might as well pick something up'. This is a typical response in our house. Our girls, if you can pull them away from the TV, not only use lots of imagination while playing upstairs, but they love playing with each other. I give most of the credit for this to Abigail. She is a fairly easy going little girl when it comes to playing with others and she has no problems playing with someone 3 years younger than her. It never fails that Abigail always tries to include her 'goo' (her nickname for Emma) in an activity that she is doing.
You see siblings all the time that don't get along or don't want to do the same thing or end up fighting all the time, but Abigail and Emma are not only sisters but truly are best of friends. I'm sure they will have their moments as they get older and such (lets not go there quite yet... because that means we are getting older too), but I can only hope that this foundation of friendship stays this way through the rest of their lives and they depend on each other through thick and thin.
No comments:
Post a Comment