Sunday, November 25, 2007

All I want for Christmas...

Well, I'm a bit behind in blogging for the holidays, so I'll be posting in bunches. Today, Abigail finally got her loose tooth to fall out. So, she can be just like the famous song during the holiday season (we can already see both teeth coming in, so who knows how long the 'gap' will last)...


Speaking of Christmas, Abigail decided that today she wanted to have a 'Silent Night' by the Christmas tree. Since part of her desire was to have a dark room, we waited until after dinner. She had it all planned out... we would have some praise and worship, followed by some bible time, small group time of drawing a picture of our best part, then reunion and finally a song to finish it off. It took 1/2 dozen times to make her realize it was communion (and not reunion). Anyway, after a little preparation, off we went.

We sang some songs together (I was tasked with finding music to play on the computer), then I was tasked to read from the bible (of course, it was related to the Christmas story), the small group time got post-poned because of time constraints, followed by Abigail with help from mom handing out communion and we finished with me playing a special song (Silent Night of course). Who needs an organized family bible study when you have a 6 year old to put it together for ya.


It was a wonderful time together and it showed so many things. It showed how Abigail's imagination just keeps going as she gets older. It showed not only how much she loves Valley Creek, but also all the wonderful volunteers that work each week in pre-school, high 5 and now adventure zone and the great caring hearts that they have to nurture a young Christian. But it also showed just how strong her faith is. During our 'silent night', Abigail gave the blessing for our communion and you could just see the growth in her since she was baptized earlier this year. God truly is faithful and good.

A father (me and I assume Him too) couldn't have been more proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are raising a couple of wonderful girls!