
Well, I broke down and took Abby to see the Hannah Montana Movie. I was secretly excited to see it as well. The tickets were overpriced at $15/person, but I had never seen a movie in 3-D, so it was worth it. At first, I wasn't too sure about this whole Hannah Montana craze. I did do some research on her though as well as watch several interviews. She appears to be an intelligent, funny, and very grounded young lady. There needs to be a positive, young female role model out there since there seems to be, well,....none at the moment. I really do like her though. When I saw her on Oprah, she said they attend church as much as possible as a family. Ephesians 6:10-11 is Miley's favorite verse: "Finally, my brother, come close to the Lord for if you put on the full armor of God you can stand against the walls of a devil." Her parents appear to be very involved in her life, and they really value family. Abby was singing along to the songs she knew. Many of the moms were singing and waving their cell phones around as if we were at a true concert. I also saw quite a few girls standing up, singing and dancing (some were right up against the movie screen reaching up like they were also at a concert). I didn't see a dad in the theater; just lots of moms with girls around Abby's age. It was a fun, girl time for us! In case you are wondering about Emma, she told me flat out that she did not want to see the Hannah Montana, and she would be staying with her Daddy instead. They also had a great time since Emma requested they eat Taco Bueno for dinner (Brian also ate there for lunch - can you tell whose daughter she is?)
2 comments:
So far we have not hit this stage/fad. I am glad you had fun with your daughter. Enjoy those memories.
You are such a great mom for taking Abby.
Post a Comment