Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last Day of School

We have been counting down the days, and summer has finally arrived. I thought Abby would be thrilled, but we got an e-mail this morning from Abby's teacher saying she was transferring back to her former campus due to a great opportunity there. Even with this sad news, I still anticipated shouts of joy when I walked up to get her this afternoon. Instead, my poor child hugged me tightly and started sobbing. She is so sad her teacher is leaving. Since her teacher attends the same church as us, Abby has requested we begin attending Saturday nights because she said that is the night her teacher is usually there. Poor thing! So, we skipped one of her 3 dance classes this afternoon to go to Peter Piper Pizza to cheer her up. She is all smiles now.

We have a busy day tomorrow with dress rehearsal for the recital for both girls. Abby has one dance that requires she wear her hair in a bun, the second dance is a curly side pony tail, and the 3rd dance is a high pony tail with poofy bangs. Since we had her hair cut, this is going to be even more challenging. I know you moms out there feel my pain....lots of bobby pins and dippity do! Oh, and I now have Emma to get ready as well. She is so excited about being in the recital and wearing her pink tutu - and the best part to her is that she gets to wear make-up! After our recital on Saturday, I feel like summer can officially begin!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Dance recitals sound like a lot of work for poor Mom!
Hope you are better at hairdos than I am. :)