Well, the meteorologists have been warning us for a few days now... a major ice storm would be headed to North Texas. I even heard it would be the worst ice storm in over 5 years. The freezing temps were expected to be here this morning along with precipitation. Not a good mixture in our unprepared North Texas. I got up just after 6 a.m. and turned on the TV. After looking closely through my tired eyes, I saw our district was closed for the day. I would have loved to have gone back to bed since there is typically no sleeping in at our house, but, by this point, I was awake. After hearing the conditions would deteriorate rapidly, I got up, headed to Lifetime to get a workout in while the girls were still asleep and Brian was working from home.

We waited all day for the ice to start falling, but we never saw any. Just a little bit of drizzle and fog. I can't believe we wasted one of our holidays on a day like today. But, I spent 4 hours cleaning the house, got 2 loads of laundry done, worked on a reunion for about 2 hours, and watched Mary Poppins with my girls snuggled up on the couch. The girls stayed in their pjs all day, played Nintendo DS, Wii, and played in the gameroom. So, I guess all in all it was a good day!
**UPDATE: The freezing rain and sleet just started falling at our house at 9:00 p.m. The kids could have definitely gone to school today, and it looks like we may have a "real" ice day tomorrow.
1 comment:
Tell me about it.
I had to use a work vacation day and not one little snowdrop or ice.
Today was a better reason to close school - those roads were icy (I had to get out it in for work) :(
Post a Comment