Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meet the Teacher


Luckily, Emma is very excited about Kindergarten (mommy is not though)! We have really been talking it up and trying to start the year off on a fun note. Emma got to meet her new teacher on Friday. She seems to be a perfect fit for Emma's personality. I couldn't be happier!


Abby was convinced she wanted a certain teacher, and convinced there was one teacher that she did not want because of stories she had heard from other kids. She had a 1 in 7 chance and well, she of course got that one teacher she did not want. Her teacher also happens to be 8 months pregnant which means there will be a long term sub coming very soon. She also learned they decided that her grade level would have the last lunch time of the year this year; yes, 1:00-1:30 lunch time. Luckily, they do get a snack, but it still seems very late.

Abby does seem to have adjusted her attitude a bit after meeting her teacher and seeing her class, but I still couldn't get her picture with her teacher. Apparently, that's just not cool in 3rd grade.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Emma's teacher looks adorable!
Is it just me or do the teachers keep getting younger? (I know it is not that I am getting older!) HA!

1pm lunch does sound pretty late. Glad they let them have a snack.

I hope they both have a great year.