Sunday, September 6, 2009

Project #1: Abby's Bathroom


Finished my first of MAAANNNYYY home projects... girls gone (boo hoo)... lots of work to do. I was 7 months pregnant when we moved into this house almost 6 years ago. This house is completely unorganized because I just threw everything into cabinets, closets, etc. It all pretty much remains the same 6 years later. (Sigh)...

The big mistake I made in this room was to remove the wallpaper the builder had put up. Almost 20 hours of work removing it and lots of sheetrock taken down along with it. In the 3 bathrooms I have left to do, I will just prime, texture and paint over the wallpaper. Never again!!

Here are a couple of more pictures.




Made these nifty frames for around $6 a piece...love that Mod Podge!! I typed and printed Abby's 2 favorite Bible verses and put them in the frames.


Found this basket at Michaels...I hope I'm not going overboard with the blue/brown polkadot theme...


Covered the light switch plate with a 10 cent piece of scrapbook paper and good ol' Mod Podge...

Did it all by myself during the day, with Brian only helping with some tool / mechanical related stuff. Lots of sweat in the process....lost 5 lbs. redoing this bathroom, which took me 2 weeks to complete.

I don't think I'll finish the 1000 things on my "to do" list before June 10th. There is no bon-bon eating or nappin' going on in this house, just a lot of hard work. I am so blessed to have this time at home (for now) trying to make our home and lives a little bit happier!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You did a great job! Love the grown up girl theme

I took off the wallpaper in the kids bathroom when I was pregnant with Brendan. Of course, it took so long that I finished it during my maternity leave!
I am with you, never again - definitely easier to paint over it.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that bathroom! The colors are great and that shower curtain is perfect!