Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Final Thanksgiving Tradition


I'm finally getting around to finishing up all of my Thanksgiving traditions... which required me to first replace a couple of burned out bulbs. During the week off, I put up the lights on the house. Weather plays a big factor into the selection of the day (this year it was done on Monday) because you have to consider things like wind and precipitation. Yes, I went all the way to the top to put on the lights. I come from a long line of Butler's that put lights up on the roof... my parents won first place one year for the city of Owasso Lights contest.

Guys, the secret is just get up on the roof, take your time, and do it. After you have done it once its a piece of cake the next year. The first year I did this house I did everything using an extension ladder. Then, I finally figured out its not only quicker but somewhat easier to just do it all from the roof itself. This year's arrangement includes some additional lights in the bushes that I picked up on Dec 26th last year. Next year I think I'm going to tackle the tree in front (on the very right side of this dark picture) and try to do it up like the trees at Parker Square.

No comments: