Monday, December 17, 2007

Here we go again

Most of you know the fun I've been having with my home computer. Well, I went and re-installed most of my applications on a new hard drive inside the same machine. All was well and then Saturday morning it died again. Same issue as before, the network partition table got corrupted. UGGHH! Luckily, I had backed up my pictures and quicken data a couple of days before and hadn't lost anything (other than my own time in re-installing everything).

Sunday, I was off to Best Buy to buy a new computer. I finally gave it. It was my first commercial PC since 1996 (outside of a couple of laptops). I've built a few PCs in that time to my own desired specs. Anyway, I wasn't much of a fan of Windows Vista that came with Jen's laptop that I got in January and I'm even more not a fan of it now. I love the Mac commercials out there (I'm a Mac and I'm a PC). I'm seriously considering putting a second hard drive in the machine, install Windows XP on it and move on with life. 5 years of development at microsoft and this is what we get?

No comments: