Our girls have so much fun playing with anything that involves water (i.e. see yesterday's post about Emma going down the 5 second kids slide dozens of times) that we figured we'd give it a shot. So, Jen picked one up at Target along with a sprinkler hose that sprays water everywhere and gave it a try this afternoon.
First up was the slide. In case you didn't know, we don't have any daredevil kids (I never get to ride roller coasters or any of the big slides... :-( ), so they never could figure out how to run and slide on their bellies. I should've walked around the neighborhood until I found an elementary aged boy to demonstrate the belly slide. Instead, they did their sliding on their knees, which worked out just fine for them. By the end, they were sliding nearly 2/3rds of the slide to the little slash pool at the end.
Besides just sliding, the girls did a lot of water drinking. Why they must always drink the water (swimming pool or not) is beyond me.
Next, we tried out the sprayer hose attachment. It has all these little hoses that spin around everywhere spraying water. It wasn't that much of a hit. The girls just sprayed each other with water for a little bit and wanted to go back to the slip and slide. It think it will be a dud.
All in all, I think we will get our money's worth out of the slide. An extra bonus is that its probably only going to be used when its nice and hot, so little Bailey won't mess with it because she very smartly moves from shaded area to shaded area... usually only leaving them to play with a toy or chase the random bug/dragonfly/butterfly that comes through the yard. The only time she came close was when she was chasing a dragonfly... and took a big leap over both slides and the little sprayers in the middle, just getting a little bit wet. So, for now, we shouldn't have to worry about her putting a hole in it.
4 comments:
So Bryan, why didn't you demonstrate the belly slide? Jennifer would have had a great picture to share with us! :)
Good idea not to get the big blow up water slides; I bet they would kill the grass quickly.
Good old-fashioned summer fun! And I agree with Julie ... it's a father's responsibility to give the belly-sliding tutorial (and we definitely want photos).
The box said 5 - 12 year olds and under 100 lbs. I was worried I might break it....
Nope - Jason demonstrated for my kids and neices. Just have to watch that you run out of slide.
Post a Comment