Well, Abby is finally on the mend. Wednesday she remained fever free, and Thursday her voice returned for the most part with just a slight hoarseness to it. Emma has started having some congestion and coughing issues, but hopefully it doesn't turn into what Abby has had. Abby is still coughing, but she is so much better.
Now that the kids are well (and hopefully stay that way), we are having issues with our vehicles. Last month, my van got a new battery and new tires (where's that money tree?). Today, I was watching our friend's kids, Josh and Hannah, and needed to go to the grocery store. After spending $200 in groceries and coming out in the sweltering Texas heat, the car wouldn't start - just makes a clicking sound. I have 4 kids with me and the dairy products are spoiling the longer we sit - ughhh!. After cranking the engine many, many, many times, it finally starts. Praise the Lord! I call Brian at work who comes home and takes it up to have the battery checked that was just replaced. It is working just fine, they say. I've still had trouble starting it all day. So, we plan to take it in to the dealership tomorrow. And now, Brian had to stop and fill his car tire up with air on his way home. Nail in the tire - ughh! Who knows if his tire will be completely flat in the morning, and if my van will even start...we may have to call the tow trucks!
UPDATE: I should have waited longer to update the blog...Brian and I just spent 20 minutes in Emma's room. She had coughed so much once she laid down in bed that she threw up. So, we removed the fresh, clean sheets (now not clean) that I had just washed today and put on her bed. We got her and all her stuffed animals she sleeps with cleaned up. Emma did a breathing treatment and then we passed the nebulizer on to Abby's room for her breathing treatment. I need a drink...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just bought 2 new bottles of wine today... sounds like I need to come over and share!
Hang in there!
Bring them over. Jen might make it through 1/2 a glass (lightweight) but I'll hang out and have the rest with ya!
Tire got fixed without a problem and we really couldn't recreate the Van startup problem in order to show people that we weren't crazy... so, for now, we have 2 working cars again.
Brian
I agree with Jenny's post ... I'm thinking you need a girl's night out and a nice glass of wine. I'm so sorry you've had such a bad week ... the garage, the car(s), and the sick girls. We'll be praying for a quick recovery for your family, and an end to the illness.
Post a Comment