After taking Abby to the dr. yesterday, he felt pretty confident that she has laryngitis and croup. He also did a whooping cough test as he said he is seeing quite a few cases. Apparently, the vaccine isn't as effective as it should be. We won't hear back on those results until Wednesday or Thursday. I would be surprised if that's what it is though because she doesn't exhibit the classic symptoms of whooping cough.
Abby did get on an antibiotic and is doing breathing treatments 4 times a day. She woke up fever free this morning - yeah! She did, however, lay around all day watching Hannah Montana episodes and once again didn't eat anything but a bite or two all day. Thinking she was now recovered, I spent the day cleaning and disinfecting the entire house while Emma was at a friend's. When I felt her head around 3:00, it was warm. I took her temperature, and it was 102.7. Ughh! She also had labored breathing and looked pale, so I was very concerned. I gave her some Advil and within 30 minutes, she perked up and started playing with Emma. She actually ate a Chick-fil-A kids meal, a bite or two of ice cream, and a chocolate chip cookie (she can't afford to lose any weight, so I'm doing my part with the fatty foods)! She was acting pretty normal (minus the still not being able to talk), and I took her temp, and it was down to 100. She started coughing 30 minutes after dinner and proceeded to vomit. Not sure if it was the fatty, sugary foods, or just a lot of mucus combined with the coughing. So, if she is still running a fever in the morning, I will be calling the nurse at the drs. office to find out if there's anything else to do. You would think the antibiotic would have kicked in by now. Perhaps it is a virus that she has, and it just has to run it's course.
Emma has really missed her best friend. She is trying to stay busy playing, but doesn't like to play by herself, so it makes my day lots of "fun". We've had tea parties, played library, dress-up, and had beauty shop with her beloved bunny. She has also been playing Hannah Montana and High School Musical CDs and has danced all over the house. She makes me laugh and is quite entertaining.
So, that's where we stand for now. Please pray that she recovers soon from this!
2 comments:
That is a long time to have such a high fever! I hope she is better soon.
I see your nurse Bailey is doing a good job taking care of Abby! :)
So, what is up with the Cinderella mini skirt! :) Too cute!
I am so sorry girl. I hope cars and kids are 100% soon. Call if you need anything- like a ride, drink, sanity check.
Post a Comment