
After lots of drama regarding the Kindergarten field trip, I was very, very happy that I was one of two names "drawn" to chaperon our outing to The Polar Express at the Imax.
Originally, we were supposed to go to the zoo, but there were 7 moms' names "drawn" to go from each class. Since there were more than 7 moms in most classes wanting to attend the field trip, this was upsetting for some. In the past, if your name wasn't chosen, you could still drive your own car to the field trip, walk with your child, but would not be allowed to "chaperon" any students. However, this year, those names not chosen were asked not to go to the zoo. There was a big uproar concerning students' safety, apparently, so the field trip venue changed.
I was so happy I got to attend and had so much fun with the Kindergartners! (really, I did)! Emma was just beaming the whole time I was with her. What a great memory!
1 comment:
Your family looks very very busy! :)
Post a Comment