

My Cinco De Mayo baby is 7 years old today! How is that possible? She decided to come into the world 10 days before my due date and boy, was I ready! I went into labor in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm - fun! She was a whopping 9 lbs. and was 22 inches long. It was a miserable pregnancy; 55 lbs gained, 20 lbs. the last 2 weeks. I was so incredibly swollen that all the nurses in Labor and Delivery kept coming in and staring at me like I was a freak show! I did manage to lose 42 lbs. exactly 7 days after her birth, does that tell you how swollen I was? And, I had a terrible pregnancy rash all over the last 2 weeks that prevented me from getting any sleep whatsoever. It was a tough, tough time for me but all worth it!

Brian took the day off to watch Emma because my name was one of the lucky 3 chosen out of a hat to attend as a chaperon on her class field trip to an outdoor learning center. All the other moms had to drive their cars, but since her class had to be split onto 3 different buses, I got to supervise a group of 7 kids on her bus. It brought back lots of old teaching memories. The outdoor learning center was the same place I took my 4th graders to 8 and 9 years ago. They had added actual bathrooms, picnic tables, trail markers, and activity areas which weren't there when I went many moons ago. So, it was fun to see the changes and improvements they had made. I am not much of an outdoor, woodsy person, and the mosquitoes were the same size as the birds, and we got drenched by the rain, but I did enjoy seeing the kids have such a great time and all the knowledge and unique experiences their brains were taking in. I do miss teaching, but I learned today that the kids and their behavior issues haven't improved much in the 7 years I've been out of the classroom. Teachers are so incredibly underpaid for everything they do. Unless you've personally been a teacher, there is no way to understand the enormous responsibilities and tasks they undertake on a daily basis. Be thankful for them! (I'll get off my soapbox now).
After school, we took Abby's friend and our neighbor to Going Bonkers and Cici's pizza for dinner. It was a busy but fun birthday.

Happy Birthday, our sweet Abigail Grace! You are such a blessing, and we are so proud of you!
4 comments:
OK, I want to see the 9 month prego picture of you! Can't even immagine!
Happy birthday, Abby!
And, yes, teachers are WAY underpaid! Another reason why most of us wouldn't go back.
She was a big baby! And I agree with Jenny ... I want to see the pregnancy picture!
Happy Birthday, Abby!
Looks like a picture of the "guess that tree" activity. Kaitlyn said she had fun doing that activity along with the spider web activity...
Wow, I agree with the others. I couldn't imagine you being big. I want to see the picture too. :)
Happy Birthday Abby.
Kaitlyn asked that I say Happy Birthday for her too. Looks like it was great.
Happy Birthday Abby. Can't see you that big but I am sure if you say you were then maybe your were.
Glad she's here to bless us all.
Post a Comment