Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mystery Reader, Part 2.


On Thursday, I volunteered to be the mystery reader for Abigail's 1st grade class. If you remember, Jen did this back in September. Well, I was little nervous about going up and keeping the attention of 22 kids. And to add to my anxiety, Jen picked out Dr. Seuss' Happy Birthday To You. Reading was never my strongest subject (just ask me about the time in 4th grade I had to stay home while the family went to Chuck 'E Cheese because of a poor English grade)... and the tongue twisting / nonsense words Dr. Seuss just added to the adventure.


Long story short, I only fumbled a couple of words... survived the ordeal... and Abigail was not only completely surprised but loved her early birthday present. She thanked me at least 4 times that day for coming up and being the mystery reader for the week.

2 comments:

In His Grip said...

That is way too sweet. Daddy of the Year nomination for sure.

Julie said...

You are such a great Dad!


Field Day looked fun too.