I had promised the girls that we would eat lunch at the American Girl Bistro sometime this summer. We originally had reservations to go almost 2 weeks ago, but since Abby was sick, I had to cancel. The reservation line said that the weekends fill up 2 weeks in advance and about 1 week in advance for a weekday. I made a reservation for Wednesday, so us girls went to have lunch yesterday. Abby and Emma had a great time, and it was a very fun experience. The food was actually good, but overpriced to me. Emma doesn't have an American Girl doll, but she did bring her own baby, and the Bistro also let her borrow a doll just for lunch.
Abby wanted everything in the store for the most part, so I told her to start making a Christmas list. She did use her piggy bank money to buy Licorice, the black cat, while we were there, and then she was out of money. She has written about 20 items already on her Christmas list; she told us it's a good thing Santa is rich. Emma has started a list as well; she just wants an American Girl Doll. Why didn't I come up with this American Girl idea?
I took Abby to see the Kit Kittredge Movie a few weeks ago. She was sick when I took her (as you can probably tell in the picture). Yes, I'm one of those awful moms who dose their kids up with Motrin and head out anyways. I had promised her for weeks we'd go that afternoon, and she really still wanted to go. So, off we went! It is a great movie with a wonderful lesson; we were both crying during the movie. We'd give it 2 thumbs up!
3 comments:
Great pic!
I want a bench like the one in the bistro - so colorful!
Glad Abby is better now.
I love the American Girl Bistro ... it's the perfect girly place.
How sweet ... I guess I need to put American Girl in the budget for next year.
Post a Comment