Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday USA!

Today, we celebrated the 4th by participating in the annual children's parade in our town. All the kids come out, with their bikes, scooters, wagons, strollers or motorized vehicles all decorated with red, white and blue. The girls have been talking about the parade for a week and were all excited to be there. Even Bailey got in the spirit and joined us for the celebration (all she wanted to do was go meet all the other dogs and howl at the fire truck when it was running its sirens).


It was quite warm, but I guess better than last year when we didn't make it to the parking lot because of a downpour that occurred just before the parade started and we decided to go back home instead.

2 comments:

For The Girls said...

What fun! We were there also with Anne and her girls and saw Randi and Phil and the kids - sorry we missed seeing y'all though.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I wish we had seen you ... although in that crowd I'm not surprised we didn't!