Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Small Group Costume Party and Busy Weekend


Our Small Group (a.k.a. Sunday School Class) had a costume party on Friday night. We wanted our kids to wear their costumes more than once, hence the idea for the party was born. Julie did a great job organizing and planning. The kids had a great time!

Emma said the party was so much fun, but that her feet sure did hurt (she refused to take extra shoes to change into and insisted on the high heels).






Unfortunately, Abby came home from school on Friday and went straight to the couch. When I asked if she wanted a snack, and she said no, I knew something was wrong. I (Jennifer) had been fighting an apparent stomach bug all day as well. Nothing really that typically goes along with a stomach bug (you know what I mean), but my stomach was cramping, I had a terrible headache, no energy, and wasn't hungry - at all (even after completing my favorite, high calorie burning spin class). Abby had been complaining for a few days of an upset stomach and headache. So, I'm guessing I caught whatever it was she had.

Anyways, I asked her to go upstairs and get dressed for the party at 5:00 (after we had both been laying on the couch), and I found her upstairs in her bed 10 minutes later - not dressed. Emma had gotten herself all dressed - complete with high heels and accessories at 1:30 that afternoon because she was so excited. Brian, in the meantime, took a half day off and made the 6 dz. sugar cookies (yes, from scratch) that I didn't have the energy to make (what a great hubby)! When I took Abby's temperature and told her she had a fever and couldn't go, she cried and cried. She told me she had waited her whole life to go to a costume party. Needless to say, Abby and I stayed home in our pjs.

Saturday morning, Abby was fever free. Brian went to Austin for the football game while I took the girls to Emma's 9 a.m. soccer game, a 10-12 skating party for Abby, dropped Abby off at dance at 1 (even though her rehearsal wasn't until 2) and headed to a 1:15 haircut with Emma. (Note to hairdressers...please don't give a 4 year old a rolling, spinning stool to sit on - because they don't use it for sitting -...they really will be just fine sitting on the floor) :). We went to pick up Abby at dance, and I could tell just by looking at her, that she once again had a fever. 102.4 when we got home from dance. But, she stayed fever free all day Sunday, so hopefully she is back to health.

No comments: