Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas....


On Tuesday, Brian took advantage of the 70 degree weather we are having this week, and spent an entire vacation day decorating for Christmas. He spent a good 5 hours outside (on the roof for a majority of that) as well as finished up the task of decorating the inside of our house. This was after he spent a few hours on Monday afternoon trimming up all the bushes.

Abby was at school, but Emma sat outside with him. She wanted to help, and he told her that if he fell off the roof, to run inside and get Mommy. When I would walk outside to check on her, I asked her what she was doing. She was just sitting there playing, and she replied, "I'm waiting for Daddy to fall off the roof." When I had to leave for Physical Therapy, and Brian was still on the roof, I told her to be good and that I had an appointment to get to. She said, "Mommy, who do I tell if Daddy falls off the roof?" So, I gave her a 1 minute lesson on how to dial 911, ran to the car (because I was running late) and began praying.

Brian does a great job every year decorating our house...the neighbors usually comment on how nice it looks while they are all paying $200-$400 to have someone put their lights up. I love the way our house looks, but I am always a nervous wreck while he's up on the roof. Praise God that He protected him.