Sunday, November 9, 2008

Operation Christmas Child


When Abby was just 6 months old, I joined a MOPS group at First Baptist Grapevine and was introduced to Operation Christmas Child. Many of you are probably familiar with this amazing ministry, but in case you aren't, here is more information: Samaritan's Purse.

Every year since, I have continued doing one each Christmas. Once Emma was born, I began to organize 2 shoe boxes per year. It is a wonderful way to spread the message of our wonderful Savior to children all over the world.

This year, both girls accompanied me to the store to purchase items for our shoe boxes. It was honestly the first year that neither one of my kids asked me to buy them something as well while we were shopping. Abby even emptied out her own piggy bank and offered to pay for some of the items herself.

If you have never participated in Operation Christmas Child, I would urge you to go to their website and find out more info. You and your family will be so blessed by this unselfish act of giving during this wonderful time of year.

1 comment:

Jennifer W said...

I love Operation Christmas Child too. However, my kids did ask for something while we were shopping. Maybe next year!