Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ice Skating


The Galleria Mall in Dallas puts up a giant (I believe it is 95 ft. to be exact) Christmas tree in the middle of the ice skating rink each year. This year, we decided to attempt to take the kids ice skating.


We braved the cold, drizzly, foggy weather and got there at 2:00 on Tuesday. We had to wait in line to get in and get our skates. The place was very crowded.

The girls did a much better job of skating than I anticipated. Abby fell down several times (no surprise there for my clumsy daughter), but with help, she got right back up and kept going. Emma stayed close to the side handrails, but she loved it when Brian would take her out in the middle, holding her hand, and skate really fast. There were people everywhere...and people falling down everywhere...so, you had to really watch yourself to make sure that you weren't going to be brought down with them. I am not the best of skaters, but I did my best to help the kids get around the rink without a trip to the ER. It was fun, and I hope we can make it a Christmas tradition.




As you can see from the pictures, Brian was the only one with a steady hand (and balance)... so he took all the pictures and didn't make it into any of them.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun.
Maybe when Brendan is a little older, we will try it.

Jennifer W said...

It is one of our family traditions too. Last year we did Christmas Eve and it was crowded. This year we went early December and it wasn't quite as bad. Glad you guys had fun!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I want to skate there sometime too ... I love the big tree. Think we'll add that to next year's activity list.