
I thought it might be a good idea to take Emma to Abby's school(her future school), and let Abby walk her through the lunch line. Anytime I have lunch with Abby, I always bring her lunch from a fast food place as a treat. Emma has never had the opportunity to go through the line. It has been difficult to find food on the menu that might be remotely possible for Emma to consume (she is very picky, but I don't know where she gets that from) :). We picked a safe one..breakfast for lunch day. Abby ordered French Toast Sticks for both of them during the lunch count, and she was so helpful to her little sister, explaining everything as we went through the line. Emma loved her lunch, and Emma said she wants to buy her lunch every day in Kindergarten!
2 comments:
What a smart idea. We will have to do this next year!
Caleb has gotten to where he loves to buy so much that we have to put a limit- 3 times a week. Otherwise we are burning through money!
Such a clever idea.
I will have to remember that next year.
I remember worrying about Kaitlyn when she entered Kindergarten. The lunch line was one of my biggest worries. Of course, everything was fine yet it still seemed like such a huge responsibility to swipe your card, pick your lunch, etc....
Post a Comment