
Every year our respective universities play in college football. Jen and I have been to a handful of those games in person, but this year we weren't able to make it. And thanks to the beauty of the big 12 tv contract, our only updates were provided via internet radio. Unfortunately (for me that is), OSU has been on the losing end of these games way too often. This year, however, OSU has been on a roll and were able to take care of business over the rebuilding Aggies.
In the same weekend, we were able to extend our rivalry into the NFL. Once every 4 years, the Bengals and Cowboys get to do battle. 4 years ago, my Dad and I made the trek up to the Queen City for a Bengals smashing of the Vinny lead 'boys. My dad called a few weeks back telling me that he wasn't going to be able to go to this year's game (they are his season tickets though), so I was fortunate enough to find a sitter for the girls and take my Cowboy loving bride with me to the game.
Expecting a Romo lead blowout, we got treated to a desperate game from a winless Bengals team that let the look respectible (who am I kidding, everyone who reads this blog knows how the game went). The best part was going to the game with Jen, it had been since pre-kids that we had made it to a Cowboys game together. We stayed in the stadium until the final 4th down play by the Bengals and I was still able to get home and make it up to the softball fields by 7:30p to try and help out my team. Gotta love knowing the easy ways in and out of Texas Stadium.
Go Bengals!
2 comments:
Looks like fun!
So, did a stranger take your picture?
They did a great job.
Post a Comment